11th Annual Pantheon Award Winners Announced
A pioneering lawyer whose counsel helped launch dozens of emerging life science companies, and a MD turned CEO, whose preeminent work in molecular cardiology ultimately changed the FDA approval landscape, are among the luminaries being celebrated at this year’s 11th annual BayBio Pantheon DiNA Awards ceremony on December 11, 2014.
Alan Mendelson, a partner in the Silicon Valley office of Latham & Watkins LLP and a global Co-chair of the firm’s Life Sciences Industry Group, and Dr. Lou Lange, general partner at Asset Management Ventures and formerly of CV Therapeutics, will each receive the BayBio Life Sciences Leadership Award for their contributions to bringing life-saving and enhancing drugs and medical devices to patients.
Other 2014 DiNA Award recipients are (listed alphabetically by award title):
- Biotechnology Educator | Bay Area Biotechnology Education Consortium (BABEC)
- Rising Star | Caleb Bell, PhD, Founder and CEO, Bell Biosystems
- Outstanding Public Support | The Honorable Bill Quirk, PhD, Member, California State Assembly
- Digital Health Innovation | Google [x] Life Sciences
- Outstanding Partnering | CytomX, Inc.
- Outstanding Product (Device or Diagnostic) | M6¬Æ Artificial Disc by Spinal Kinetics
- Outstanding Product (Therapeutic) | SOVALDI¬Æ (Sofosbuvir) by Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Outstanding Company | Pharmacyclics, Inc.
BayBio’s Pantheon Ceremony celebrates the advancements and unparalleled innovative excellence of the Bay Area’s life science industry. We applaud the people and companies who have dedicated their work to improving patients’ health.
To learn more, visit www.baybiopantheon.com.