Executive Series: Going Virtual
In the drive to reduce cash burn rates, life science companies are increasingly becoming virtual – owning the IP, but not having any other functional activities in house. They increasingly shed office and laboratory space of their own and depend on outsourcing services from R&D, production, staffing and legal to licensing and taking new products to market. This CEO roundtable discussion will focus on several case studies involving different degrees of virtualization. A discussion with veteran CEOs will contemplate the following questions:
- Strategy of company development: what factors to consider when contemplating your business model: growing your own company infrastructure vs. going virtual (including degrees of virtualization). Strategy of how to transition from one model to another. Implications for VC’s, board and staff;
- What competency to maintain internally in order to manage outsourced services correctly;
- How do you know that you are outsourcing to the right providers and how do you know you are getting the right advice;
- Company culture: how to preserve it and now not to lose your ability to affect R&D through corporate culture;
- Role of your clinical advisory board; regulatory, marketing and commercial strategy.
Chief Executive Officer, Clerigen Inc.
Steven R. Deitcher, M.D.
President & Chief Executive Officer, Talon Therapeutics, Inc.
President and Chief Executive Officer, Neuraltus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Chief Financial Officer, Aradigm Corporation
Jay P. Shepard
President and CEO, NextWave Pharmaceuticals
General Partner, InterWest Partners LLC
|When:||May 18, 2011
|Where:||OncoMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
800 Chesapeake Dr.
Redwood City, CA 94063-4748
|Attire:||Business attire suggested|
|Attendance:||RSVP by May 15 is required and no registrations will be accepted at the site of the event.
Open to C-Suite Executives of Life Sciences Companies Only.
|Cost:||BayBio Members – FREE
Non-Members – $75.00