FAST & Fellows Round-Up
CLSI would like to share some (non-confidential) news from our FAST and Fellow companies:
- EpiBiome (FAST Spring 2015) was awarded the Fiscal Year 2016 Peer Reviewed Medical Research Programs Discovery Award by the Department of Defense office of the congressionally directed medical research programs for a project entitled, Bacteriophage Therapies to Prevent and Treat Diarrhea in Military Personnel. This award follows on EpiBiome’s previous success as an awardee of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation on enterotoxogenic E. coli in children.
- Kelly Gardner, CEO of Zephyrus Biosciences (FAST Spring 2014; acquired by Bio-Techne in March 2016) was included in MIT Technology Review’s 35 Innovators Under 35
- FAST graduate Sandstone Diagnostics is now shipping their male fertility tracking units. Take a look HERE.
- Colleen Cutcliffe, CEO of Whole Biome (FAST Spring 2014), will be presenting at Molecular Med Tri-Con on Measuring Relevant Changes in the Microbiome, Thursday, Feb 23.
- Startup Growth = Relocation!
- FAST graduate Amaryllis (Fall 2016) graduated from the IndieBio accelerator and is now moving to 355 30th St., Oakland
- CLSA Fellow AnimalBiome is graduating from IndieBio and has a new home in the East Bay Innovation Center in Berkeley.
- Cell Design Labs has graduated to full CLSA membership and is moving from the QB3@953 incubator to Emery Station, 5858 Horton Street, Emeryville.