Lunch & Learn – FCPA: Risks of Doing Business Beyond Your Borders
Life sciences companies of all sizes who do business overseas need to understand the reach and breadth of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. The FCPA focuses on payments to “foreign officials” — a category that in many countries includes the vast majority of healthcare professionals. In addition, payments made through third-party partners such as vendors, distributors, joint venture partners or CROs can raise FCPA concerns if not carefully vetted and controlled.
Life sciences companies doing business in high-risk markets routinely face thorny judgment calls in their interactions with government officials, and missteps can have serious consequences: the U.S. Department of Justice and SEC have made FCPA enforcement a priority, and a number of life sciences companies have faced investigations in this area over the past several years.
Attendees of this program will:
- Hear about red flags that can signal potential FCPA risk in a proposed payment.
- Learn practical proactive compliance steps that life sciences companies can take to mitigate FCPA risk.
- Hear lessons learned from real FCPA cases involving life sciences companies.
- Learn about DOJ and SEC priorities and trends in FCPA enforcement in the life sciences sector.
BayBio Lunch & Learn:
April 30, 2014
HCP/BayBio Event Center
|Click Here to Register|
|Attire:||Business Attire Suggested|
- Early registration is highly advised as space is limited and there will be no on-site registration
- Late arrivals will not be admitted after 11:30AM
- Pre-registered attendees will receive an immediate receipt/confirmation after submission
- Please print this receipt/confirmation and bring it with you to receive your conference credentials
- Photo ID (driver’s license or passport) will be required at check-in
- All sales are final
Please mail your event-related questions to: email@example.com or you can contact us via phone: 650-871-3257.