Lunch & Learn – Articulating Commercial Value in Phase III
In the past, market access for a drug depended almost exclusively on efficacy and safety. While these factors are still critical today, cost effectiveness and communicating value —built on clinical differentiation – matters just as much. Poor market access strategy decisions lead to missed opportunities and devastating impact on a product’s value at multiple stages of its life cycle.
In April 2012 AstraZeneca acquired Ardea Biosciences, a San Diego-based biotech company focused on the development of small-molecule therapeutics, for $1.26B, representing a 54% premium on the value of their stock. Articulating the value of the commercial opportunity for Ardea’s Phase III compound for the treatment of gout was critical to achieving this premium. In understanding the opportunity, Ardea also identified the commercial strategies required for a successful launch, in the event that a buyer or partnership did not materialize.
Leakage of value is a pervasive problem that many pharmaceutical companies face through the commercialization process.
Using Ardea and similar commercial opportunity assessments as case studies to highlight considerations for other development stage companies, you will learn how to:
- Understand and validate the commercial opportunity of a later stage compound
- Articulate the commercial strategies needed to realize that value
- Build value propositions around quantified economic value
BayBio Lunch & Learn:
May 14, 2014
HCP/BayBio Event Center
|Click Here to Register|
|Attire:||Business Attire Suggested|
- Early registration is highly advised as space is limited and there will be no on-site registration
- Late arrivals will not be admitted after 11:30AM
- Pre-registered attendees will receive an immediate receipt/confirmation after submission
- Please print this receipt/confirmation and bring it with you to receive your conference credentials
- Photo ID (driver’s license or passport) will be required at check-in
- All sales are final
Please mail your event-related questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact us via phone: 650-871-3257.