Spring Start-up Business Plan Competition
BioSciKin, a China-based open investment and incubation platform, in collaboration with Simcere Pharma and other Chinese investors, have announced an international start-up competition for life sciences companies, with a preliminary track in San Francisco. The contest will be held in 8 cities, in the US as well as in China. Winners in each preliminary will receive $30,000 in non-dilutive financing, with the top two companies from each region receiving a paid trip to Shanghai to present in front of Chinese investors.
The competition will be held on April 7th 6:30-10:30pm at Stanford University, and is open to the public for attendance.
- Start-up Business Plans will be exposed to many investment firms including BSK, Hony Capital, Fosun Pharma, Trust Bridge Partners, Ally Bridge Group, GT Capital, PointGuard Ventures, Bohe Ventures, Tenyall Investment, Firestone Investing, Spruce Capital Partners and BAR Capital Management.
- The investment can be in the US or China. It is not mandatory to set up China presence. The above firms have invested in many life science companies in the US and China.
- The investment can be, but not limited to, $500K to $10 million.
- All Business Plans submitted before deadline of March 15, 2016 will get feedback by email from judges and investment firms. If your BP receives good reviews, you will have meeting with investment firms.
- 1st place company in each preliminary will receive $30,000 in non-dilutive financing. 1st and 2nd place companies in each preliminary will receive a paid trip to Shanghai to present at the final in front of many investors.
Applications for the competition are due on March 15th. BioSciKin and its related investment firms are particularly looking to fund companies and entrepreneurial teams in precision medicine or digital health related areas, including but are not limited to: Companion Diagnostic Coupled Medicine, Drug Development, Gene Therapy, Cell Therapy, Stem Cell, Bio-bank, Biomarker Discovery, NGS, Molecular Diagnostics, POCT, e-Health, 3D Printing, Big Data, Medical Device, etc.
To learn more about applying for or attending the BioSciKin International Startup Competition, please visit CLSA’s Event Calendar.