Ten Years of Pantheon Celebrations
BayBio’s Pantheon Ceremony celebrates the advancements and unparalleled innovative excellence of the Bay Area’s life science industry. For the 10th annual ceremony on December 5th, we applaud the people and companies who have dedicated their work to improving patients’ health.
A prolific investor, responsible for dozens of successful life science companies, and a professor, whose seminal work helped launch the biotechnology industry as we know it, are among the luminaries being celebrated at the 10th annual BayBio Pantheon DiNA Awards ceremony.
Sam Colella, a partner at Silicon Valley based Versant Ventures, and Dr. Stanley N. Cohen, a researcher in Stanford University’s department of genetics and medicine, and well known as an inventor on the Cohen/Boyer gene cloning patent – responsible for launching industry giants like Genentech and Amgen – will receive Lifetime Achievement Awards for their contributions to making a transformative difference within the life science industry.
Other leading executives, researchers and dedicated individuals will receive DiNA Awards for the following categories:
- Biotechnology Educator Award – Tom McFadden, KIPP Bridge Middle School in Oakland, CA
- Biotechnology Philanthropist Award – Scott Johnson, Myelin Repair Foundation
- Global Reach Award – Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc (BIFI)
- Outstanding Company Award – Portola Pharmaceuticals
- Outstanding Partnering Award – Ardelyx
- Outstanding Public Support Award – Rep. Jackie Speier (D – Hillsborough)
- Outstanding Product Award (Therapeutic) – COMETRIQ (cabozantinib) by Exelixis
- Rising Star Award – Jennifer Doudna, UC Berkeley
- Scientific Achievement Award – Deepak Srivastava, Gladstone Institutes
We expect more than 650 attendees and our events team is sure to put together another spectacular program. Whether its your first time or tenth time, we look forward to seeing you. You can find information on sponsorship and table sales at www.baybiopantheon.com.