Trump’s Immigration Policies on the Life Sciences Sector
12:00pm - 1:00pm
Immigration reform was a focus of considerable debate during last year’s presidential election, and the issue has rapidly heated up since the new administration assumed office. President Trump has signed executive orders aimed at strict enforcement of current immigration laws, and he has proposed further regulatory and legislative actions that will dramatically change the U.S. immigration system. Understanding how these changes affect the life sciences sector is critical for companies that may hire foreign scientists or collaborate with foreign partners.
Please join Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP and the California Life Sciences Association’s Corporate Counsel Committee for a webinar briefing that will review existing immigration policies governing the employment of life sciences professionals and will provide insights regarding the outlook for further changes going forward.
Topics to be covered during the program include:
- immigration options for U.S. companies that may need to hire foreign scientists
- new developments in implementation of immigration laws and how they impact life sciences professionals
- compliance with immigration laws, including I-9 regulations and use of H-1B visas
- potential delays in visa issuance and travel for foreign scientists
- pending legislative and regulatory proposals and potential implications for life sciences professionals.
Contact: Natasha Hill
Contact Email: email@example.com