The California Consumer Privacy Act: Understanding the challenge ahead and what you should be doing now
Join members of the Hogan Lovells global Privacy and Cybersecurity team for a discussion exploring the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the groundbreaking new data privacy law that some are calling the United States’ answer to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We are hosting two events, one on October 11 (Silicon Valley) and another on October 12 (Los Angeles).
With California’s status as the world’s 5th largest economy, many are wondering how the CCPA will affect them. This session promises an insightful, comprehensive, and engaging look at key legal and regulatory issues that the CCPA presents. We will address a number of evolving issues, including:
• Key requirements;
• Data mapping and operationalizing the CCPA;
• California and national litigation risk – practical steps to help reduce those risks;
• What to expect for next year's Attorney General proceeding;
• Implications for health care organizations and the digital health ecosystem;
• Addressing the anti-discrimination provision; and
• The impact on other legislative efforts.
CLE credit will be offered for each program and information will be provided at the events. There will be no dial-in available.
Contact: Augusta Nissly
Contact Phone: +1 202 637 6957
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4085 Campbell Avenue
Menlo Park, CA 94025