Frederick Koenen is an attorney whose practice focuses on representing start-up and emerging companies, scientist-entrepreneurs and investors. His primary areas of practice are:
- Structuring, forming and organizing business entities
- Business financing, including sales of stock to venture capital firms and angel investors as well as credit financing with banks and other financial institutions
- Designing and implementing corporate governance and legal compliance strategies suitable for small and medium-sized companies
- Technology transfer and IP licensing
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Representing investors in privately-held and public companies
Mr. Koenen is of-counsel to the Schinner Law Group in San Francisco. Prior to joining the Schinner Law Group in 2004, Mr. Koenen had been a partner at an AmLaw 100 law firm and at a boutique securities law firm based in San Francisco. Mr. Koenen received a Juris Doctorate from Willamette University in 1986 and a Bachelor of Arts from Whitman College in 1983, where he graduated magna cum laude.