Bay Area HR Academy: Leading a Multi-Generational Workforce (2 HRCI)
For the first time in American history, four generations of people are working together in the same workplace. Think: the holiday meal table and all the dynamics that get played out there. Now, imagine the complexities of organizing the business environment around this phenomena.
This course will provide Human Resource professionals an overview of the four generations as well as tangible strategies for dealing with members of each generation within their organizations. You will gain an understanding of generational attitudes toward work, and what these attitudes mean for your organization in terms of communication, management and employee benefits.
Additionally, HR Professionals will gain key insights on how to recruit and retain members of each generation while creating a multi-generation friendly culture.
The session will be interactive.
- Identify four generations in the workplace and define them by experience and events.
- Offer strategies for HR professionals to communicate effectively across generations.
- Determine best practices to manage generations successfully in an organization.
- Examine effective strategies for knowledge transfer to younger generations for succession planning.
- Create organizational culture that is cross-generational friendly.
- Understand the generational needs in terms of benefit program planning.
- Review how to best attract and retain members of each generation.
- Learn how to minimize generational clashes at work and keep each generation challenged.
Bay Area HR Academy: Leading a Multi-Generational Workforce
June 18, 2014
BayBio 250 East Grand Ave South San Francisco, CA 94080
2 HRCI credits
Pre-registered attendees will receive a receipt/confirmation within 24 hours of registration. Please print your receipt/confirmation and bring it with you to receive your conference credentials. Photo ID (driver’s license or passport) will be required at check-in. All sales are final – BayBio offers no refunds.
Please mail your event-related questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact us via phone: 650-871-3257.