BayBio Lunch & Learn: When Hiring a CMO, Where Do You Start?
There is a global paradigm shift from companies building their own manufacturing plants to using a CMO. External manufacturing is becoming a more strategic option for many biotech and pharma companies who are looking to bring innovation, new technology and accelerated timelines to their drug development activities. When biotech and pharma companies partner with a CMO, they are able to advantageously leverage capacity and regulatory acceptance, experiment with new technologies, utilize proven drug manufacturing processes and technical staff, and shorten the drug development cycle. Outsourcing manufacturing holds tremendous strategic value to biotech and pharma companies and it is crucial to understand the essential functions and partnership dynamics of a CMO.
During this Lunch & Learn, we will address the following:
- Key questions you need to ask when researching CMOs to partner with
- An understanding of the sponsor/CMO relationship
- The regulations and compliance of a CMO- who is responsible for what
- Some pitfalls to avoid when working with a CMO
- Hot industry and CMO trends
- E.J. Brandreth, Sr. Vice President of Quality and Regulatory, Althea
BayBio Lunch & Learn:
January 21, 2014
South San Francisco Conference Center
|Click Here to Register|
|Attire:||Business Attire Suggested|
- Early registration is highly advised as space is limited and there will be no on-site registration
- Late arrivals will not be admitted after 11:30AM
- Pre-registered attendees will receive an immediate receipt/confirmation after submission
- Please print this receipt/confirmation and bring it with you to receive your conference credentials
- Photo ID (driver’s license or passport) will be required at check-in
- All sales are final
Please mail your event-related questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact us via phone: 650-871-3257.