Lunch & Learn – Market Access and Reimbursement in a Value-Driven Healthcare Ecosystem
The new healthcare environment requires that Life Science and Medical Technology products come with powerful value propositions. Due to some marked changes in healthcare financing, such as providers participating in risk sharing arrangements through integrated delivery networks, and a move away from visit- or encounter-based payments to population-based health management, the need to quantify value is greater than it’s ever been.
In order for Life Science and Medical Technology products to gain desired market access and reimbursement, they must have compelling Global Value Dossiers (GVDs) that speak to clinical value and economic value messaging justifying their cost to traditional and emerging stakeholders. More specifically, companies must consider a host of issues at different stages of the product development cycle.
This session will delve into healthcare financing trends and their implications for Life Science and Medical Technology companies, wherever they are on the R&D spectrum.
- Recalibrating research priorities given capabilities and ability to demonstrate value
- Understand payer, provider and patient value drivers early in the development process to incorporate them into product attributes
- Positioning and pricing drug appropriately given its value
- Developing value story earlier on in the process with heavy stakeholder involvement
- Revising product value proposition to convey both clinical value and economic value to payers, providers and patients
- Reviewing marketing efforts
- Revising sales strategy/force
BayBio Lunch & Learn:
March 12, 2014
HCP/BayBio Event Center
|Click Here to Register|
|Attire:||Business Attire Suggested|
- Early registration is highly advised as space is limited and there will be no on-site registration
- Late arrivals will not be admitted after 11:30AM
- Pre-registered attendees will receive an immediate receipt/confirmation after submission
- Please print this receipt/confirmation and bring it with you to receive your conference credentials
- Photo ID (driver’s license or passport) will be required at check-in
- All sales are final
Please mail your event-related questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact us via phone: 650-871-3257.