Strategic Planning Post Changes in AIA: Tips from the USPTO Perspective
In collaboration with
The changes to The America Invents Act (AIA) are sweeping and will impact all businesses interested in protecting their IP. The change from FIRST TO INVENT to FIRST INVENTOR TO FILE requires life sciences companies to adjust their processes for launching new products, seeking patents and reacting to competitive ones.
In this session, you will learn from the former acting director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) just what adjustments to make to your strategy to make the new rules work for you!
This new approach to IP protection includes:
- Tools that can be used by the patent owner to speed up examination or clarify the file history for an issued patent, specifically the Accelerated Examination and Supplemental Examination provisions.
- How to take advantage of the provisions that allow for the submission of prior art by third parties, ensuring the issuance of the highest quality patents.
- How to utilize the provisions offering an efficient, cost effective method to challenge patents, thereby minimizing the need for federal court litigation.
- The latest amendments to the AIA and their impact on life sciences companies.
BayBio Lunch & Learn |
May 22, 2014
HCP/BayBio Event Center
|Click Here to Register|
|Attire:||Business Attire Suggested|
- Early registration is highly advised as space is limited and there will be no on-site registration
- Late arrivals will not be admitted after 11:30AM
- Pre-registered attendees will receive an immediate receipt/confirmation after submission
- Please print this receipt/confirmation and bring it with you to receive your conference credentials
- Photo ID (driver’s license or passport) will be required at check-in
- All sales are final
Please mail your event-related questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact us via phone: 650-871-3257.