Meet the Six FAST Startups Innovating this Spring with the Guidance of Life Sciences Advisors
Published 30 March 2021
As part of our ongoing programs to support early-stage companies, the Spring 2021 FAST Advisory Program just began, providing coaching and business advising for six startups.
Help us welcome the Spring 2021 FAST companies:
- Catena Biosciences, leveraging unparalleled protein coupling technology to make novel therapeutics for cancer, vaccines, and autoimmune disorders
- Gryphon Bio, developing and marketing the temporal diagnostic (tDx)-powered precision medicine to accelerate brain repair and improve cognition and the lives of patients with neurological or neurodegenerative diseases
- Jupiter Therapeutics, functionalizing cell-membrane derived vesicles (CDVs) for cancer, autoimmunity, drug delivery and gene therapy
- Ravel Biotechnology, utilizing epigenomic profiles to detect the destruction of healthy and diseased cells in cell-free DNA
- Rubik Therapeutics, developing next-gen cell therapies for solid tumors by leveraging novel targets and precise control of both the kill signal and immune suppression
- Xiretsa, tailoring proprietary molecular platform to meet critical unmet needs in infectious disease therapy
To date, the 79 FAST companies and graduates have raised >$1.5B, and have achieved 30 Series A or greater investments, 2 IPO’s, 4 successful Exits, and 20 Strategic Partnerships; and have created 500 new jobs. Approximately 50% of FAST graduates have had a woman in the C-suite, most as founders and/or CEOs. Our thanks to AbbVie, Alexandria Real Estate, Bayer, DLA Piper, Gilead, and Roche for supporting the FAST program!