Meet with…The National Institute on Drug Abuse
South San Francisco, CA
10:30am - 5:00pm
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), provides funding and technical assistance to academic researchers, startups, small businesses and private for-profit entities looking to bring products and services to the substance use disorder (SUD) market and make an impact on public health. NIDA provides funding for biomedical technologies at all stages of development, from ideas to MVP to clinical trials to enable the product launch. The supported technologies include therapeutics, medical devices, research tools and health IT.
NIDA’s Office of Translational Initiatives and Program Innovations staff will be in attendance on January 17th to discuss funding opportunities, explain the NIH application process, and describe the best practices to ensure that submitted applications are strong and competitive.
The presentation will cover:
– “Innovation 2 Impact”, a bespoke entrepreneurship training program addiction researchers
– “Start a SUD Startup Challenge”, a unique coaching program whose goal is to enable participants to test the premise that their research idea can be fostered into a biotech startup;
– Overview of NIDA’s $50M small business (SBIR/STTR) programs including program structure, eligibility, and NIH resources for small businesses;
– Funding opportunities for SUD drug development:
– Step Up for Substance Use Disorders (SUD): A Drug Target Initiative for Scientists Engaged in Fundamental Research;
– Blueprint Neurotherapeutics Network (BPN): Small Molecule Drug Discovery and Development for Disorders of the Nervous System (U44);
– Partnering opportunities for NIDA-funded companies and strategic investors and partners
Following the presentation, don’t miss the opportunity to introduce yourself to NIDA staff during the networking lunch. And finally, for those companies who apply online and are approved, one-on-one meetings with NIDA will provide an intimate forum to discuss your company.
Companies must have applied for a one-on-one meeting in advance and have been approved. Applications are due on Thursday, December 5th. APPLY HERE: https://jnj-quickfire.smapply.io/prog/meetwithnidabayarea/
To view all current Meet with’s and Quick Fire Challenges https://jnj-quickfire.smapply.io/prog/lst/
CLSA members receive 30% off ticket price. Use promo code: CLSA in the promo code section.
Contact: Ro Rabanillo
Contact Phone: 415-310-0840
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
JLABS @ SSF
329 Oyster Point, 3rd Floor
South San Francisco, CA 94080