Why choose California?
You would be in great company. 3,250 life sciences companies call the Golden State home, taking full advantage of what California’s vibrant life sciences ecosystem has to offer. These include:
- Four life sciences mega-clusters: the Bay Area, Los Angeles county, Orange county, and San Diego county
- A solid foundation comprising of highly-respected research universities receiving the most NIH funds in the nation
- A high volume of new health technologies being discovered across the state
Is California right for your business?
CLSA has a number of resources to help you determine whether California is right for your business:
- Life Sciences: California’s Economic Engine
California leads the world in life sciences innovation. Premier research institutions combine with a unique entrepreneurial spirit to develop new technologies, attract investors and push the state’s economy to greater heights. Tell me more
- California Life Sciences Tax Incentives
Get your business off on the right foot by taking advantage of California’s tax incentives. Tell me more
- California Lab Space
Need a place to call home? Search for your next lab, incubator, office, research or manufacturing space here. Search or post listings
- California Life Sciences Career Center
Hire the right talent. Post your job openings on our career center to reach a network of qualified life sciences professionals. Post or search jobs
- CLSA Member Directory
CLSA’s member-portfolio represents all facets of California’s life sciences ecosystem. Browse CLSA members
California offers a number of incentives for life sciences companies to successfully establish and grow in the state. The California Competes Tax Credit is an income tax credit available to businesses that want to come to California or stay and grow in California. Tax credit agreements are negotiated by GO-Biz and approved by a statutorily created “California Competes Tax Credit Committee,” consisting of the State Treasurer, the Director of the Department of Finance, the Director of GO-Biz, and one appointee each by the Speaker of the Assembly and Senate Committee on Rules.
For fiscal year 2018-19, GO-Biz will accept applications for the California Competes Tax Credit during the following periods:
- July 30, 2018, through August 20, 2018
- January 2, 2019, through January 21, 2019
- March 4, 2019, through March 25, 2019
Please refer to the Notice Fiscal Year 2018-2019 for more information.